Beer Glossary of Terms
If you are looking for a beer term, guide or glossary, take a look at this link for all things to do with beer. https://www.craftbeer.com/beer-studies/beer-glossary
Beer Q & A’s:
- Look: What colors do you see? How well can you see through the beer?
- Swirl & Smell: Gently (don’t spill) swirl your beer and then take a good smell. Is it hoppy? Is it sweet? Malty? Yeasty?
- Sip: To give your beer some oxygen, try to breathe some air in through your mouth as you take your sip (yes, you will slurp a little). Notice the flavor becomes more potent and apparent.
- Swish & Savor: Try and coat your mouth with the beer. What do you notice first about it? Is it heavy and sweet? Is it thin and malty?
- Swallow: Did you know that unlike wine, which you can fully taste without swallowing, beer must be consumed to get the full tasting experience? Your bitterness receptors are at the back of your tongue, so you’ll have to drink your beer!
Do you want to try some beer for FREE? Subscribe to our Tasting Calendar!